A recent survey of parents in the UK revealed that…
- Over 75% believed that a baby’s name will influence his/her future life,
- About 25% found choosing a name for their baby a stressful experience,
- About 25% admitted that they didn’t like their own name,
- Over 20% used the internet to help choose a baby name (twice as many as those who took inspiration from family and friends), and
- About 17% named their baby after a relative.
Also, one in three couples kept their baby’s name secret before birth — a handful of them admitting that this was to prevent the name from being “stolen” by other expectant parents.
Source: Pampers.com survey, via UK Parents Lounge