A new batch of unusual political names:
- Bainbridge Wadleigh (1831-1891) – Senator from New Hampshire.
- Delazon Smith (1816-1860) – Senator from Oregon.
- Eni Fa’aua’a Hunkin Faleomavaega (born in 1943) – Delegate from American Samoa.
- Green Clay Smith (1826-1895) – Representative from Kentucky. (Later, Territorial Governor of Montana.)
- Montfort Stokes (1762-1842) – Senator from North Carolina. (Later, Governor of North Carolina.)
- Otha Donner Wearin (1903-1990) – Representative from Iowa.
- Person Colby Cheney (1828-1901) – Senator from New Hampshire. (Previously the Governor of New Hampshire.)
- Rensselaer Westerlo (1776-1851) – Representative from New York.
- Spark Masayuki Matsunaga (1916-1990) – Senator from Hawaii. (Previously a Representative from Hawaii.)
- Zell Bryan Miller (born in 1932) – Senator from Georgia. (Previously the Governor of Georgia.)
Update, 6/12/15: Just learned that Green Clay Smith was named for his maternal grandfather Green Clay.