Jacob was the top male name in the county last year — but which male names were the most popular in each state?
- Aiden – Alaska
- Angel – Arizona
- Anthony – Florida, Nevada
- Daniel – California, Illinois
- Ethan – Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Montana, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, Wisconsin, Wyoming
- Jacob – Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, Washington, West Virginia
- Jose – Texas
- Logan – North Dakota, Vermont
- Matthew – Massachusetts
- Michael – Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island
- Noah – Hawaii
- William – Alabama, Arkansas, D.C., Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia
For about 80% of the states, the top baby boy name was either Ethan, Jacob, Michael or William. Ethan and Jacob were popular in states across the nation, whereas Michael and William were popular within very specific regions (the Northeast and the South, respectively).
Here are the top girl names by state.