For years, I’ve been writing free, personalized posts for expectant parents who have emailed me for help.
Sadly, this is going to have to change.
I still want to help those who need it, and I want to keep the service free (as I think baby name consulting is kind of ridiculous).
But I’m getting more requests than I can handle, and some of these requests are turning out to be fake (people have nothing better to do, I guess).
So, from this point forward, I’ll be writing personalized posts only for other bloggers. Specifically, expectant parents with personal blogs.
- It’ll be easy to verify that these people (a) exist and (b) are expecting.
- We won’t have to worry as much about protecting/obscuring crucial personal details like surnames and sibling names.
- We’ll be able to meet these people and their families (virtually, anyway) and get a feel for their values, style, personality, etc.
- We’ll see more participation in the comments.
- We’ll know which name was chosen as soon as it’s posted. (And we’ll probably get to see some cute baby photos, too.)
I know this is a big restriction. But I do think it will make these types of posts more fun overall. I know it will make things a lot easier for me personally. :)
Of course, I’ll continue to tackle general questions (How long should a baby stay nameless? Is it okay to pass name down from mother to daughter?) sent in by anyone, regardless of whether or not they have a blog, so please do contact me if you’ve got one of those.