The year is more than half over. Based on what we’ve seen in pop culture so far, which baby names do you expect to make significant gains on the charts in 2017?
Here are some possibilities…
- Rumi and Sir (and maybe even “Sir Carter”) – the names of Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s twins, born in mid-June. The names weren’t officially announced until mid-July via Instagram.
- Bea and Shawn – the rumored names of Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s twins. These were widely circulated before the real names were revealed.
- Antiope and Gal – both associated with the movie Wonder Woman, released in June. The main character is played by Gal Gadot, and Antiope (WW’s aunt) is played by Robin Wright.
- Callum – from the video game-based movie Assassin’s Creed, released in late 2016.
- Jyn – from the movie Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, released in late 2016 (hat tip: Screen Crush).
- Zelle – from Zelle, the peer-to-peer payment app backed by dozens of U.S. banks that was announced/released in June.
Do you agree with these? Disagree? Which names would you add to this list?
P.S. Here’s a prediction post from earlier in 2017.