A day or so ago, I finally replaced the old popularity graphs (which were created way back in 2012) with brand new popularity graphs. Yay! Here are the main improvements:
- The graphs are now responsive, meaning they’ll change size to match your screen dimensions. Phones will definitely need to be turned sideways to get the best view, though, because the graphs are so wide.
- The graphs’ data points are now in alignment no matter what. This was not the case with the original graphs, which were getting more and more misaligned every year.
- Better aesthetics! Nicer colors, cleaner design, no more ugly watermark, etc.
- If you mouse over a graph, the data point values will appear as tooltips. Neat!
- If you’re using a computer and you right-click on a graph, you can save it as an image — to share via social media, perhaps. ;)
There are still several fixes I need to make, but overall the new graphs are working well. (If they aren’t functioning properly for you, please let me know.)
More site improvements are on the way, and some brand-new features are being mapped out. If you’d like to help me make these changes/enhancements, please consider supporting Nancy’s Baby Names on Patreon. Thanks!