How popular is the baby name Alistair in the United States right now? How popular was it historically? Find out using the graph below! Plus, see baby names similar to Alistair and check out all the blog posts that mention the name Alistair.
According to data released in December of 2016 by Statistics Austria, the most popular baby names in the country in 2015 were Anna (and variants) and Lukas (and variants).
Here are Austria’s top 10 girl name-groups and top 10 boy name-groups of 2015:
1. Anna (21 variants, including Ann, Hannah, Yahna)
2. Sophie (12 variants, including Sophia)
3. Maria (36 variants, including Merry, Moira, Miriam)
4. Emilia (14 variants)
5. Elena (40 variants, including Elaine, Helen, Ilijana)
6. Emma (1 variant)
7. Lena (8 variants)
8. Sarah (9 variants)
9. Mia (2 variants)
10. Laura (1 variant)
1. Lukas (11 variants, including Luc)
2. David (12 variants)
3. Jakob (20 variants, including Giacomo, Jaime, Tiago)
4. Elias (31 variants, including Ilian)
5. Maximilian (9 variants)
6. Alexander (32 variants, including Alejandro, Alistair, Iskender)
7. Jonas (12 variants)
8. Paul (7 variants, including Pablo)
9. Tobias (3 variants)
10. Leon (7 variants, including Levon)
The #1 name-groups were the same in 2014. There are no new entries on either top 10 list.
Source: Anna und Lukas sind die beliebtesten Babynamen 2015 (found via Popularity of Names in Austria, 2015)
A reader named Lisa writes:
I have a 2 year old boy named Phoenix Edward Brooks*, and recently found out I’m pregnant again! The baby will be born in June, and we’re already racking our brains for names. We like “different” names – like Phoenix – who was named after the mythical bird – and would like something that goes well with Phoenix. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
At the moment she likes Leo/Leonardo for a boy, but doesn’t have any favorite girl names.
Here are some ideas to kick things off:
What other names would you suggest for Phoenix’s younger brother or sister?
*The last name isn’t Brooks, but does start with b and have one syllable.