Malta’s top baby names of 2015 have been out for months now, but the latest data still isn’t available on the government’s Naming Babies page, so I can’t give you the official rankings.
The best I can do is this quote from a recent Times of Malta article:
Amy, Ella, Leah, Maya, Valentina, Emma, Martina, Jade, Julia, Elisa and Elena are among the most popular for girls […] Luca, Matthias, Adam, Ben, Benjamin, Beppe, Alexander, Thomas, Zack, Liam, Luke and Noah are among the most popular for boys.
The article also mentioned many of the less common names bestowed in Malta in 2015, including:
- Alix (the Maltese version of Alex)
- Delyth (“which in Welsh means neat and pretty, but when read with a Maltese pronunciation it means, err, murder”)
- Jack Daniel (similar to this guy)
- Massa (“after Felipe Massa, the Brazilian Formula One driver”)
- Mixhal (the Maltese version of Michelle)
- Tenishia (“after the internationally renowned Maltese DJ duo”)
- Xemx (the Maltese word for “sun,” pronounced shemsh)
Malta’s top names of 2014 were Elena and Luke (more or less).