And now for the third installment of the top baby name debuts for girls.
From 30 to 21:
Aideliz, Rosangelica & Unnamed, 3-way tie for #30
- Aideliz debuted with 91 baby girls in 2008.
Inspired by Aideliz Hidalgo, a contestant on the TV beauty pageant “Nuestra Belleza Latina 2008.”
- Rosangelica debuted with 91 baby girls in 1993.
Inspired by Rosangelica, a character on the telenovela “Rosangelica.”
- Unnamed debuted with 91 baby girls in 1989.
No inspiration; possibly related to the great baby name glitch of 1989.
- Alliyah debuted with 94 baby girls in 1994.
Inspired by singer Aaliyah.
Greydis & Sharday, 2-way tie for #28
- Greydis debuted with 100 baby girls in 2009.
Inspired by Greydis Gil, winner of the TV beauty pageant “Nuestra Belleza Latina 2009.”
- Sharday debuted with 100 baby girls in 1985.
Inspired by singer Sade [shah-DAY].
- Torey debuted with 102 baby girls in 1959.
Inspired by the TV sitcom “Peck’s Bad Girl.”
- Tennille debuted with 103 baby girls in 1975.
Inspired by the duo Captain & Tennille.
- Izamar debuted with 107 baby girls in 1990.
Inspired by Isamar Medina, a character on the telenovela “La Revancha.”
- Kelis debuted with 108 baby girls in 2000.
Inspired by singer Kelis.
- Cotina debuted with 109 baby girls in 1972.
Inspired by Katina, a character on the soap opera “Where the Heart Is.”
- Jaleesa debuted with 116 baby girls in 1987.
Inspired by Jaleesa Vinson, a character on the TV sitcom “A Different World.”
- Turkessa debuted with 119 baby girls in 1975.
Inspired by Turkessa (b. 1975), baby of Supremes singer Mary Wilson.
The final two groups of ten are coming up tomorrow and Friday. Stay tuned!