Here are some strange names I found in an article (Marijuana Pepsi will see you now) published just a few days ago:
- Apocalipsis (female)
- Crystal Sunshine Turpin Lemons (female), who happens to be on Facebook
- Cupcake (female)
- Drift Wood (female), sister of Timber (see below)
- Marijuana Pepsi (female), who has sisters with the very normal names Kimberly and Robin
- Mighty Fine (male)
- Tahiti Starship (female), who says: “My parents were hippies. They said they were dreaming of Tahiti. And they named me Starship after the band.”
- Timber Wood (male), brother of Drift (see above)
- Yellow Light (male), who I’ve blogged about before
Here’s how Marijuana Pepsi Sawyer, who managed to overcome her name and accomplish some very cool things, got her name:
Sawyer’s aunt, Mayetta Jackson of Chicago, clearly remembers when the name was picked in 1972. The newborn’s mother and father were products of the post-Woodstock era when reefer was rampant.
“And they would cool off with a Pepsi,” she said, which makes you think it’s lucky for Sawyer that it wasn’t Coke instead. “I thought it was crazy,” her aunt said about the name, “but they were such fun-loving people that it suited them.”
She’s called “Pepsi” by friends and family.