You guys know the world is ending in two weeks, right?
At least, that’s how popular culture has misinterpreted the ending of the 13th b’ak’tun of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar on December 21, 2012.
If your due date is December 21, why not commemorate the date with an end of the world-inspired baby name?
No, I’m not suggesting you go with something ridiculous like Armageddon or Apocalypse. (Though I have seen both used as names. Examples: Rev. Armageddon James Margerum, born in England in 1833, and Ulysses Apocalypse Johnson, born in California in 1992.)
Instead, try a name with a less obvious EotW connection. Perhaps one of these:
- Maya – the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar is most commonly associated with the Maya
- Jeremiah – ending sounds like Maya
- Nehemiah – ending sounds like Maya
- Deedee – short for doomsday
- Ann – short for annihilation
- Catherine – inspired by cataclysm
- Arma – short for armageddon
- Armand – inspired by armageddon
- Armando – inspired by armageddon
- Gideon – inspired by armageddon
- Don – inspired by armageddon
Or try one of the dozens of names that happen to contain the word end (short for end of the world, of course).
- Enda (a masculine Irish name, e.g., Enda Kenny)
What other end of the world baby names can you think of?