Many Indian celebrities are choosing baby names that feature the letter A, according a recent article in The Bombay Times.
For instance, A-names recently used for Indian celebrity babies include:
- Amartya & Agastya (twin sons of Haseena and Mahesh Jethmalani)
- Aryan (son of Gauri and Shah Rukh Khan)
- Aiyana (daughter of Leander Paes and Rhea Pillai)
- Arhaan (son of Malaika and Arbaaz Khan)
- Ananyashree, Aryaman & Advaitesha (kids of Neerja and Kumar Mangalam Birla)
- Arin (son of Madhuri Dixit Nene)
But not everyone is on board with the A-trend. Here’s what one schoolteacher had to say about it:
Today it’s difficult to call out to the kids. Every name is so similar sounding! For example, in my current batch, I have three Aryaans, an Arhan, a Rehaan, two Vedaants, a Reya, a Freya, an Aashna and an Ishnaa!
Source: Meet the New ‘A’ Listers