How popular is the baby name Audrianna in the United States right now? How popular was it historically? Find out using the graph below! Plus, see baby names similar to Audrianna and check out all the blog posts that mention the name Audrianna.
A reader named Andy writes:
My wife and I are looking at using “Reid” for a girl (we don’t know what we’re having but we have the boy named locked down). My middle name is Reid, which comes from my grandmother’s maiden name. We are struggling with a middle name to sandwich between Reid and our last name, Roney* (pronounced with a long O). We want it to identify that Reid is a girl’s name.
I think a clearly feminine middle is a great idea. Let’s see…how about:
I avoided R-names for obvious reasons, but I’m now wondering: would a middle containing an R sound nice? I’m kind of on the fence about it, but who knows–maybe one the following could work:
Do you guys like any of the above with the first name Reid? What other middle names would you suggest to Andy?
*The actual surname is not Roney, but it’s similar.
Each of these baby names made the U.S. top 1,000 list exactly once — sometime during the 1980s.
- Audriana – ranked 864th in 1989
- Audrianna – ranked 760th in 1989
- Britta – ranked 861st in 1986
- Brittnay – ranked 935th in 1989
- Cherrelle – ranked 879th in 1986 (influence: singer Cherrelle)
- Cristen – ranked 970th in 1982
- Diandra – ranked 904th in 1988
- Dwan – ranked 877th in 1983
- Evita – ranked 775th in 1981 (influence: Broadway musical Evita)
- Grecia – ranked 979th in 1988
- Grisel – ranked 784th in 1984
- Jalissa – ranked 969th in 1988 (influence: TV show A Different World)
- Jenilee – ranked 820th in 1982
- Joi – ranked 911th in 1981
- Kyrie – ranked 960th in 1986
- Latoyia – ranked 899th in 1981
- Martine – ranked 794th in 1981
- Nereida – ranked 984th in 1981
- Renada – ranked 706th in 1980
- Sable – ranked 904th in 1986
- Shardae – ranked 834th in 1986 (influence: singer Sade)
- Sharde – ranked 875th in 1986 (influence: singer Sade)
- Sharday – ranked 938th in 1986 (influence: singer Sade)
- Shatara – ranked 991st in 1986
- Shenna – ranked 861st in 1984
- Shira – ranked 988th in 1985 (influence: cartoon She-Ra: Princess of Power)
- Taja – ranked 727th in 1988 (influence: Taja Sevelle)
- Tashina – ranked 900th in 1981
- Teela – ranked 872nd in 1984 (influence: cartoon He-Man and the Masters of the Universe)
- Tenika – ranked 949th in 1982
- Violeta – ranked 965th in 1985
- Tai – ranked 937th in 1980
- Adalberto – ranked 918th in 1981
- Brantley – ranked 985th in 1988
- Cordaro – ranked 908th in 1987 (influence: soap opera One Life to Live)
- Geraldo – ranked 889th in 1998 (influence: Geraldo Rivera)
- Horacio – ranked 995th in 1980
- Hung – ranked 957th in 1982
- Huy – ranked 997th in 1982
- Joseluis – ranked 970th in 1987
- Marchello – ranked 844th in 1981
- Tavaris – ranked 994th in 1984
- Trumaine – ranked 952nd in 1983
There are actually a few more one-hits from this decade — I call them them the Glitch Names of 1989. I’ll talk more about them tomorrow.
Want more one-hit wonders? Here are…
- All the top-1,000 one-hit wonder baby names, decade by decade: 1880s, 1890s, 1900s, 1910s, 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000-2005.
- Some interesting full-list one-hit wonder baby names, from all decades (this list is always growing): One Hit Wonder Baby Names.