The baby name Devera saw peak usage in the middle of the 1960s:
- 1968: 12 baby girls named Devera
- 1967: 22 baby girls named Devera
- 1966: 35 baby girls named Devera [peak]
- 1965: 6 baby girls named Devera
- 1964: 15 baby girls named Devera
Because of a celebrity baby.
In late December, 1965, TV actor Vince Edwards (star of the medical drama Ben Casey) and his estranged wife, actress Kathy Kersh, welcomed a baby girl. They named her Devera.
The couple had gotten married (in secret) in June of 1965, but Kathy filed for divorce just four months later.
I’m not sure how they came up with the name, but it does remind me of the Hebrew name Devorah, meaning “bee.”
Do you like the name Devera?
- “Actor Vince Edwards was placed on three years’ probation.” UPI 2 Mar. 1982.
- “Kathy Kersh Has Edwards’ Child.” Times [Shreveport, Louisiana] 29 Dec. 1965: 3.