How popular is the baby name Con in the United States right now? How popular was it historically? Find out using the graph below! Plus, see baby names similar to Con and check out all the blog posts that mention the name Con.
Conrad and Nellie Miller built Santa Claus House in North Pole, Alaska, in the early 1950s. It’s now “one of the top attractions in Interior Alaska,” according to the website.
Con and Nellie also had three children, the third of which was a daughter born in 1961. She was named Merry Christmas Miller.
A name like “Merry Christmas” might have made sense for the proprietors of Santa Clause House, but what about for the rest of us? Have any other parents named their children “Merry Christmas”?
Merry Christmas Miller is one of only about 40 people that I’ve found so far with the first and middle names Merry Christmas.
Another is Merry Christmas Easter, 1918-2008, of California.
I’ve also discovered about a dozen people with the first and last names Merry Christmas.
Many — though not all — of these Merry Christmases were females born on December 25, just like Merry Christmas Miller.
Source: Williams, Verne. “Santa not in red at $1.50 a letter.” Miami News 29 Nov. 1976: 1A.
More holiday baby names: Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Christmas Carol, Christmas Tree, Happy New Year
Each of the names below (including misspellings like Aloys and Willaim) only managed to rank among the 1,000 most popular U.S. baby names a single time — all during the 1890s.
- 1890 – Ethie, Fleeta, Jessye, Jetta, Sibbie
- 1891 – Idabelle, Lulla, Olar, Sylva
- 1892 – Versa
- 1893 – Allena, Cannie, Cliffie, Clotilda, Elmyra, Josefita, Lurena
- 1894 – Elfreda
- 1895 – Adel, Alleen, Trilby (influence: the book Trilby)
- 1897 – Zela, Zeta
- 1898 – Manilla (influence: Spanish-American War), Vara
- 1899 – Irva
- 1890 – Almus, Conard, Guilford, Neely, Polk, Rance, Red
- 1891 – Algot, Alphons, Barnard, Burk, Berkley, Iverson, Job, Powell, Vick
- 1892 – Burleigh, Con, Ebert, Murdock, Nolen, Willaim
- 1893 – Aubra, Avon, Bolden, Link, Thorwald
- 1894 – Alston, Audy, Donat, Emmons, Erby, Esley, Hebert, Hezzie, Hughey, Oddie, Vinton, Zed
- 1895 – Alwin, Evander, Gaither, Grafton, Guthrie, Ovila
- 1896 – Acy, Aloys, Arthor, Boysie, Cam, Hale, Lisle, Offie, Silver, Virgel, Willy
- 1897 – Dabney
- 1898 – Adams, Arba, Collier, Ewart, Gladstone, Schley, Shafter (influence: Spanish-American War)
- 1899 – Baker, Bynum, Colvin, Elizah, Griffith
Want more one-hit wonders? Here are…
- All the top-1,000 one-hit wonder baby names, decade by decade: 1880s, 1890s, 1900s, 1910s, 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000-2005.
- Some interesting full-list one-hit wonder baby names, from all decades (this list is always growing): One Hit Wonder Baby Names.