How popular is the baby name Draven in the United States right now? How popular was it historically? Find out using the graph below! Plus, check out all the blog posts that mention the name Draven.
Time for the middle installment of the top boy name debuts.
From 30 to 21:
- Kadeem debuted with 52 baby boys in 1988.
Inspired by Kadeem Hardison, an actor on the TV sitcom “A Different World.”
Diallo & Draven, 2-way tie for #29
- Diallo debuted with 54 baby boys in 1971.
Possibly inspired by Diallo Telli, though I’m not totally certain.
- Draven debuted with 54 baby boys in 1994.
Inspired by Eric Draven, a character in the movie The Crow.
- Vadhir debuted with 55 baby boys in 2010.
Inspired by Vadhir Derbez, winner of the TV dance show “Mira Quien Baila 2010.”
- Mychal debuted with 59 baby boys in 1978.
Inspired by basketball player Mychal George Thompson.
- Tavares debuted with 60 baby boys in 1974.
Inspired by The Tavares Brothers.
- Toriano debuted with 62 baby boys in 1970.
Inspired by singer Toriano “Tito” Jackson, a member of The Jackson 5.
- Jionni debuted with 63 baby boys in 2011.
Inspired by Jionni LaValle, boyfriend of reality TV star Snooki Polizzi.
- Tajh debuted with 65 baby boys in 1989.
Inspired by singer Tajh Abdulsamad, a member of The Boys.
Pharrell & Quindon, 2-way tie for #21
- Pharrell debuted with 67 baby boys in 2003.
Inspired by singer Pharrell Williams.
- Quindon debuted with 67 baby boys in 1996.
Inspired by Quindon Tarver, the boy who sang “When Doves Cry” in the movie William Shakespeare’s Romeo + Juliet.
More baby name debuts coming up tomorrow!
*The Top 50 Baby Name Debuts for Boys: 50-41, 40-31, 30-21, 20-11, 10-1*
Love 1990s pop culture? Love names? Check out this list!
Out of the more than 17,000 baby names that debuted on the charts from 1990 to 1999 (inclusive), here are 10 that are particularly symbolic of the decade. All 10 are legit!
- Keanu. The baby name Keanu, inspired by actor Keanu Reeves, debuted on the baby name charts in 1990. (Hopefully he’s no longer sad now that he’s #1 on this list.)
- Aniston. The baby name Aniston, inspired by Friends actress Jennifer Aniston, debuted on the baby name charts in 1998.
- Macaulay. The baby name Macaulay, inspired by Home Alone actor Macaulay Culkin, debuted on the baby name charts in 1990.
- Lestat. The baby name Lestat, inspired by Anne Rice vampire Lestat de Lioncourt, debuted on the baby name charts in 1995.
- Beyonce. The baby name Beyonce, inspired by R&B/pop singer Beyoncé, debuted on the baby name charts in 1998.
- Quindon. The baby name Quindon, inspired by Romeo + Juliet actor/singer Quindon Tarver, debuted on the baby name charts in 1996.
- Draven. The baby name Draven, inspired by The Crow character Eric Draven, debuted on the baby name charts in 1994.
- Mufasa. The baby name Mufasa, inspired by the Lion King character, debuted on the baby name charts in 1995.
- Jamiroquai. The baby name Jamiroquai, inspired by the band Jamiroquai, debuted on the baby name charts in 1998.
- Nomar. The baby name Nomar, inspired by baseball player Nomar Garciaparra, debuted on the baby name charts in 1998.
Runners-up: Anakin, Danzig, Simba and Zhane.
Do YOU have any favorite ’90s baby names?
P.S. Here are my 10 favorite uniquely ’70s and ’80s baby names.