How popular is the baby name Filippo in the United States right now? How popular was it historically? Find out using the graph below! Plus, see baby names similar to Filippo and check out all the blog posts that mention the name Filippo.
Something fun for the end of the week! The following names never fail to brighten my day:
- Archibald Constable (1774-1827) – Scottish publisher.
- Cornthwaite Ommanney (1736-1801) – grandfather of Erasmus, below.
- Cotton Tufts (1734-1815) – U.S. physician.
- Endicott Peabody (1920-1997) – U.S. politician.
- Erasmus Ommanney (1814-1904) – English explorer.
- Fabiana Bravo (b. 1969) – Argentine opera singer.
- Felix Frankfurter (1882-1965) – Supreme Court justice.
- Felix Kirk Zollicoffer (1812-1862) – U.S. politician.
- Filippo “Lippo” Lippi (1406-1469) – Italian painter.
- Fritz Zwicky (1898-1974) – Swiss astronomer.
- Gillespie Montgomery (1920-2006) – U.S. politician.
- Gonzaga Gonza (d. 1886) – Ugandan martyr.
- Gustavus Vasa Fox (1821-1883) – U.S. politician.
- Halifax Shackleton – 16-year-old girl born in Halifax, Yorkshire, according to the 1911 England and Wales census.
- Isadora Duncan (1877-1927) – U.S. dancer.
- Morris Ketchum Jesup (1830-1908) – U.S. banker.
- Nellie Melba (1861-1931) – Australian opera singer.
- Otto van Veen (1556-1629) – Dutch painter.
- Simeon Solomon (1840-1905) – English painter.
- Stirling Silliphant (1918-1996) – U.S. screenwriter.
- Tranquilino Luna (1849-1892) – U.S. politician.
- Wambly Bald (1902-1990) – U.S. writer/columnist.
- Wynkyn de Worde (d. 1534) – French printer. (The surname refers to a location in France, not words on the page, but it’s a great name anyway.)
Do you have any favorite names?
A reader named Claudia is expecting her first baby (gender unknown). She’s looking for a Latin or Italian baby name.
She mentions that her middle name is Elisabetta, the baby’s father is named Simon Edmond, and the baby’s surname will be a 2-syllable D-name similar to Downie.
Here are some names that I think might work:
Which of the above do you like best?
What other Latin and Italian names would you suggest to Claudia?