How popular is the baby name Katarina in the United States right now? How popular was it historically? Find out using the graph below! Plus, see baby names similar to Katarina and check out all the blog posts that mention the name Katarina.
Avast! Did you know that today is Talk Like a Pirate Day?
“Arrr” itself doesn’t make a great name — even for pirates — but here’s the next best thing: over 120 names that feature the “ar”-sound.
Which of the “ar”-names above do you like best? Did I miss any good ones?
(Image from Pixabay)
The National Statistics Office of Malta, a tiny island nation in the Mediterranean Sea, compiles baby name rankings by lumping variant spellings of names (like Matthew, Matteo and Matthias) together into a single entry.
The most popular baby names in Malta last year were:
- Luke/Luca (79 babies)
- Matthew/Matteo/Matthias (78)
- Jake (67)
- Andre & Isaac & Michael/Michele (tie; 49 each)
- Nicholas (46)
- Aidan (42)
- Kieran (41)
- Daniel (40)
- Kyle (37)
- Nathan/Nathaniel (31)
- Gabriel (30)
- Christian & Julian & Liam (tie; 27 each)
- Alexander (26)
- Zachery (23)
- Thomas (22)
- James (21)
- Benjamin (18)
- Tristan (17)
- Jaydon & Kurt & Leon & Sven (tie; 16 each)
- Denzel & John Paul (tie; 15 each)
- Maria/Mariah (73 babies)
- Maya (53)
- Amy (43)
- Martina & Emma (tie; 40 each)
- Shania (36)
- Ylenia & Michela/Michaela & Sarah (tie; 35 each)
- Elisa/Eliza (33)
- Julia (32)
- Jasmin (30)
- Hailey (72)
- Nicole (26)
- Francesca (25)
- Catherine/Katarina/Kate (23)
- Amber & Hannah (tie; 19 each)
- Emily & Kelsey (tie; 18 each)
- Thea (16)
- Kaylie & Lara (tie; 15 each)
- Matthea (14)
- Mireille & Naomi (tie; 13 each)
- Aaliyah (12)
There were 2,039 boys and 1,846 girls born in Malta in 2006. (The country only has 402,000 inhabitants total.) Based on the numbers above, 46% of those boys and 41% of those girls were given a top-20 name.