How popular is the baby name Kurtis in the United States right now? How popular was it historically? Find out using the graph below! Plus, see baby names similar to Kurtis and check out all the blog posts that mention the name Kurtis.
Yesterday I posted about the top baby names in Scotland for 2007, so today I thought I’d mention some of the unique baby names. :)
Approximately 6,500 baby names were bestowed in Scotland in 2007. Of these, about 1,700 boy names and 2,400 girl names were unique (as in, given to only one child). Here’s a sampling of those unique names:
To see more, download the full list directly from the General Registrar Office for Scotland.
Here are some funny name lists from the humor site McSweeney’s Internet Tendency:
- Names for Your Transgendered Baby, by Carmen Nobel
- 56 Uncommon Baby Names for Boys, Culled from the Index of Volume 3 of Master of the Senate, Robert Caro’s Biography of Lyndon Johnson, by Andrew Cohen
- Girls’ Names for Parents Who Wanted a Boy, by Wendy Underwood and Kurtis Kolt
- Actual First Names of People Who Have Recently Worked in the Romance Department at Harvard University, by Joe Lavin
- Cities from Italo Calvino’s Invisible Cities or Unique Baby Names from BabyNameWorld.com? by Greg Santos
- Baby Names for an Expected Sister Suggested by Nathaniel Watson, Age Six, submitted by Sarah Brown
- Military Acronyms that Are Also Men’s Names, by Laura Golembiewski
- Names of University of Oklahoma Football Players, Past and Present, that Sound like Characters from Dr. Strangelove, by Wampus Reynolds
- Androgynous Names of Former Toronto Blue Jays, by Darryl Humber
- What Does Your Name Say about You? by Felix Kent
- Candidates Running in the 2004 General Election Whose Names Feature Food or Drink, by JC Bellringer