How popular is the baby name Lovella in the United States right now? How popular was it historically? Find out using the graph below! Plus, see baby names similar to Lovella and check out all the blog posts that mention the name Lovella.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Looking for a baby name that makes you think of love? Here’s a list of names with “love” — names that literally contain the letter sequence l-o-v-e — and links to their popularity graphs:
So do you “love” any of the above? :)
P.S. Two real-life Valentine’s Day babies for you: Valerie Valentine (b. 1951) & Val N. Tines (b. 1953).
Echo Scarlett Honey Beaver of Milton Keynes (a town in England) is the second of five siblings. The other four are named:
- Clint Battista (first name for Clint Eastwood)
- Milo Phoenix Dee
- Disney Taime Sapphire (first name in tribute to Walt Disney films)
- Dali Paolo Reuben (first name for Salvador Dalí)
She’s also a mom. Her two children are Pharrell Cassius Diego and Lovella Honey. She says, “I had to carry on the tradition of unusual names–and I’m sure the rest of my family will do the same.”
Her comment made me curious. Are adults who grew up surrounded by unique names more likely to give their own children unique names?
Here are a couple of case studies:
- Frank Zappa‘s four children are Moon, Dweezil, Ahmet (after Ahmet Ertegun, co-founder of Atlantic Records) and Diva. His grandkids are Mathilda, Zola and Ceylon.
- Joaquin Phoenix’s sisters and (late) brother are River, Rain, Liberty and Summer. His nieces and nephews are Jonas, Rio, Indigo, Scarlette, Indiana and Atticus.
What are your thoughts?
Source: What’s in a name? Ask the Beavers, Milton Keynes Citizen, 2010