How popular is the baby name Philipp in the United States right now? How popular was it historically? Find out using the graph below! Plus, see baby names similar to Philipp and check out all the blog posts that mention the name Philipp.
Poland’s top baby names of 2013 were announced a couple of weeks ago.
According to provisional data from the country’s Ministry of the Interior, the most popular baby names last year were Lena and Jakub.
Here are Poland’s projected top 20 girl names and top 20 boy names of 2013:
Baby names that increased in popularity last year include Antonina, Iga, Liliana, Maksymilian, Stanisław and Zofia.
The rare baby names mentioned in the press release were Jessika, Leah, Nathalie, Raisa, Vivian, Collin, Jack, Philipp, Yasin, Elif, Emi, Kenza, Zoya, Mieczysław, Siemowit, Witalij and Wadim.
Source: Lena i Jakub – to najpopularniejsze imiona mijającego roku
German composer Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750) had a total of 20 children.
He had seven with his first wife, Maria Barbara Bach (who was his 2nd cousin). Four of these children survived to adulthood.
- Catharina Dorothea (b. 1708)
- Wilhelm Friedemann (b. 1710)
- Maria Sophia (twin, b. 1713)
- Johann Christoph (twin, b. 1713)
- Carl Philipp Emanuel (b. 1714)
- Johann Gottfried Bernhard (b. 1715)
- Leopold Augustus (b. 1718)
The other 13 he had with his second wife, Anna Magdalena Wilcke. Six survived to adulthood.
- Christiana Sophia Henrietta (b. 1723)
- Gottfried Heinrich (b. 1724)
- Christian Gottlieb (b. 1725)
- Elisabeth Juliana Friderica (b. 1726)
- Ernestus Andreas (b. 1727)
- Regina Johanna (b. 1728)
- Christiana Benedicta (b. 1730)
- Christiana Dorothea (b. 1731)
- Johann Christoph Friedrich (b. 1732)
- Johann August Abraham (b. 1733)
- Johann Christian (b. 1735)
- Johanna Carolina (b. 1737)
- Regina Susanna (b. 1742)
Do you like any of these names? If so, which ones?
Source: David, Hans T., Arthur Mendel and Christoph Wolff. The New Bach Reader: A Life of Johann Sebastian Bach in Letters and Documents. New York: W. W. Norton & Company, 1998.