Here’s the second-to-last installment of the top baby name debuts for girls. No more ties from here on out.
From 20 to 11:
- Azure debuted with 121 baby girls in 1975.
Inspired by Azure Dee, a character on the TV detective series “Kojak.” (Or by the song “Azure Dee,” inspired by the character and sung by Telly Savalas for that particular episode.)
- Sharde debuted with 124 baby girls in 1985.
Inspired by singer Sade [shah-DAY].
- Shardae debuted with 129 baby girls in 1985.
Same reason as #19.
- Yamilex debuted with 130 baby girls in 1995.
Inspired by Jamilex, a character on the telenovela “Como Tu, Ninguna.”
- Chastelyn debuted with 150 baby girls in 2009.
Inspired by Chastelyn Rodriguez, a contestant on the TV beauty pageant “Nuestra Belleza Latina 2009.”
- Cassandr debuted with 152 baby girls in 1989.
Not inspired by anything — just part of the great baby name glitch of 1989.
- Jacqueli debuted with 157 baby girls in 1989.
Same reason as #15.
- Yaire debuted with 184 baby girls in 2001.
Inspired by singer Yaire.
- Ajee debuted with 185 baby girls in 1994.
Inspired by the Revlon perfume Ajee.
Several of the names above foreshadow some of the names on tomorrow’s top 10 list.
Care to make any guesses about the names in the top 10?