How popular is the baby name Smedley in the United States right now? How popular was it historically? Find out using the graph below! Plus, check out all the blog posts that mention the name Smedley.
The graph will take a few seconds to load, thanks for your patience. (Don't worry, it shouldn't take nine months.) If it's taking too long, try reloading the page.
Popularity of the Baby Name Smedley
Posts that Mention the Name Smedley
Here’s a batch of unusual male names that belonged to various U.S. Representatives:
- Bolling Hall (1767-1836) – U.S. Representative from Georgia.
- Calvary Morris (1798-1871) – U.S. Representative from Ohio.
- Chesselden Ellis (1808-1854) – U.S. Representative from New York.
- Chittenden Lyon (1787-1842) – U.S. Representative from Kentucky.
- Denver Church (1862-1952) – U.S. Representative from California.
- Epaphroditus Champion (1756-1834) – U.S. Representative from Connecticut.
- Montague Lessler (1869-1938) – U.S. Representative from New York.
- Orchard Cook (1763-1819) – U.S. Representative from Massachusetts.
- Smedley Darlington (1827-1899) – U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania. (Grandfather of Smedley Darlington Butler.)
- Speedy Long (1928-2006) – U.S. Representative from Louisiana.
- Tazewell Ellett (1856-1914) – U.S. Representative from Virginia.
- Waddy Thompson (1798-1868) – U.S. Representative from South Carolina.
- Wingfield Bullock (died in 1821) – U.S. Representative from Kentucky.
Another batch of ten very uncommon names:
- Apichatpong Weerasethakul (born in 1970) – Thai film director.
- Cedella “Ciddy” Marley Booker (born in 1926) – mother of Bob Marley.
- Gumersindo Laverde Ruiz (born in 1835) – Spanish writer.
- Lodowicke Muggleton (born in 1609) – English religious thinker.
- MaVynee Betsch (born in 1935) – environmentalist and activist.
- O’Brien Smith (born ca. 1756) – Irish-American politician.
- Pelatiah Webster (born in 1726) – political economist and writer.
- Smedley Darlington Butler (born in 1881) – at one time, the most decorated Marine in U.S. history. (Grandson of Smedley Darlington.)
- Tomlinson Fort (born in 1787) – U.S. Representative from Georgia.
- Wolfdietrich Schnurre (born in 1920) – German writer.