This Sunday, April 15, is the 100-year anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.
Here’s what I’ve found so far:
- Dolly Titanic Ranshaw was born in Iowa on Jun. 27, 1912, to Tom and Karla Ranshaw.
- Mary Catherine Titanic Marcotte was born in Ontario on Apr. 30, 1912, to Albert and Delvina Marcotte.
- Paul Titanic Maloney was born in Massachusetts on Apr. 8, 1912, to Mark and Catharine Maloney. (Like Edwin, he was born a few days before the disaster, so clearly his parents didn’t choose his name right away — a common practice during that era.)
- Sara Carpathia Aks was born in Virginia on March 12, 1913, to Titanic survivor Leah Aks and her husband Samuel (who was not aboard). She was named after the rescue ship RMS Carpathia.
- Titanic Grissom was born in Arkansas c.1912 to Edward and Teary Grissom.
Know of any others?
Image: RMS Titanic by F. G. O. Stuart