Time for another baby name prediction!
Apple introduced the iPhone 4S earlier this month, and the first shipments should be arriving any day now.
The phone’s Siri voice recognition/dictation software has got people talking–literally. Siri allows you to have a verbal conversation with your iPhone. So far the software has received positive reviews, like this one from Engadget:
The most impressive part was the demo of Siri, the new assistant that lets you do just about anything you can do on your phone — but with your voice. We tried to psych it out with a bunch of random requests, including the history of Chester, Vermont (a lovely town) and the best Ramen places in San Francisco. Siri never faltered, never missed a beat.
The fact that a highly coveted Apple product now features software named “Siri” could be a game-changer for the baby name Siri, which was already on the upswing:
- 2010: 111 baby girls named Siri [ranked 1,831st]
- 2009: 119 baby girls named Siri
- 2008: 115 baby girls named Siri
- 2007: 108 baby girls named Siri
- 2006: 104 baby girls named Siri
- 2005: 72 baby girls named Siri
- 2004: 55 baby girls named Siri
- 2003: 44 baby girls named Siri
- 2002: 36 baby girls named Siri
- 2001: 29 baby girls named Siri
Do you think the iPhone will give the name Siri a boost? Perhaps nudge it into the top 1,000? (The cut-off was 249 baby girls in 2010.)
Why or why not?