The baby name Carmindy debuted in the U.S. baby name data in 2006 and hung around until 2011:
- 2012: unlisted
- 2011: 6 baby girls named Carmindy
- 2010: 12 baby girls named Carmindy
- 2009: 7 baby girls named Carmindy
- 2008: 8 baby girls named Carmindy
- 2007: 9 baby girls named Carmindy
- 2006: 8 baby girls named Carmindy [debut]
- 2005: unlisted
- 2004: unlisted
TLC’s What Not to Wear (2003-2013) is one of the few reality TV shows that I’ve ever watched with any sort of regularity, so I knew the source of this one right away: Carmindy, WNTW’s on-air make-up artist.
I don’t know the story behind Carmindy Bowyer’s first name, but I do know that the stress is on the first syllable (CAR-min-dee).
What are your thoughts on the name Carmindy?
P.S. On the show, Carmindy turned her first name into a verb: carmindize. Here’s how she described carmindizing in a blog post: “Next, you will want to Carmindize your face by applying a cream highlighter on the brow bone, on the inner corners of the eyes and on tops of your cheekbones.”