Greenland, which is part of the kingdom of Denmark, is both the largest island in the world and the least densely populated country in the world.
Last year, Greenland welcomed 761 babies. The top names among these babies were…
- Lea and Luna for baby girls
- Lea is a form of the Biblical name Leah, which is likely derived from a Hebrew word meaning “wild cow.”
- Luna is Latin for “moon.”
- Aputsiaq and Marco for baby boys
- Aputsiaq is Greenlandic for “snow flake.”
- Marco is a form of the ancient Roman name Marcus, which is likely derived from the name of the Roman god Mars.
Two years earlier, in 2019, the top names in Greenland were Naja/Nina (tie) and Liam/Inuk (tie).