How popular is the baby name Moe in the United States right now? How popular was it historically? Find out using the graph below! Plus, see baby names similar to Moe and check out all the blog posts that mention the name Moe.
NOTY is back! Here are the contenders for 2011.
My picks and my husband’s picks for final four are…
Shalom Dreampeace Compost
Taco B. M. Monster
One of the contenders, Joe Shortsleeve, is well-known Boston news reporter. He always wears long-sleeved shirts on TV, in case you were wondering.
Which names do you think will be the last four standing?
*Jihad Larry has been replaced with (rather weak contender) Cassanova McKinzy, so I’m going with Ebenezer Noonoo now.
I wrote a letter to a friend not long ago, and the act of writing something longhand (which I rarely do anymore) made me wonder: which baby names can be written in cursive without lifting the pen from the page?
Turns out that many names can be written this way–so long as they don’t contain letters that need crossing/dotting (t, i, x, j) and don’t start with a tricky capital (such as W, which doesn’t connect to the letters that follow, or H, which itself requires more than one stroke).
Here are some examples of names that can be written in script with one continuous line of ink.
- 3 letters: Ava, Moe, Ned, Rob, Ula
- 4 letters: Cleo, Elmo, Jada, Rhys, Zane
- 5 letters: Carla, Jesse, Nancy, Ryder, Yosef
- 6 letters: Edward, Jazmyn, Morgan, Nelson, Ursula
- 7 letters: Charles, Eleanor, Jeffrey, Malcolm, Rebecca
- 8 letters: Alphonso, Emmanuel, Mercedes, Mohammad, Randolph
- 9 letters: Cleveland, Esperanza, Jefferson, Magdalena, Rosabelle
- 10 letters: Alessandra, Alessandro, Clarabella, Clarabelle, Jacquelynn
…For more onomastic trivia, try this list of baby names that can be typed one-handed on a QWERTY keyboard.
Like baby names that are short and sweet? Here are over 100 one-syllable boy names:
Blaine, Blayne, Blane
Jace, Jayce, Jase
Lane, Layne, Laine
Reece, Reese, Rhys
Sean, Shawn, Shaun
Zack, Zach, Zac
Zane, Zain, Zayne
Have any favorites?
P.S. Here are the most popular 1-syllable boy names of 2012, 2011 and 2010.