Here’s the second-to-last installment of the top baby name debuts for girls. No more ties from here on out.
From 20 to 11:
- Yamilex debuted with 130 baby girls in 1995.
Inspired by Jamilex, a character on the telenovela Como Tu, Ninguna.
- Chastelyn debuted with 150 baby girls in 2009.
Inspired by Chastelyn Rodriguez, a contestant on the TV beauty pageant Nuestra Belleza Latina 2009.
- Cassandr debuted with 152 baby girls in 1989.
Not inspired by anything — just part of the baby name glitch of 1989.
- Jacqueli debuted with 157 baby girls in 1989.
Same reason as #17.
- Yaire debuted with 184 baby girls in 2001.
Inspired by singer Yaire.
- Ajee debuted with 185 baby girls in 1994.
Inspired by the Revlon perfume Ajee.
- Greidys debuted with 186 baby girls in 2009.
Inspired by Greidys Gil, winner of the TV beauty pageant Nuestra Belleza Latina 2009.
- Ayanna debuted with 194 baby girls in 1971.
Inspired by two things: an article on African names in Jet magazine, and Ayanna (b. 1971), baby of comedian/activist Dick Gregory.
Care to make any guesses about the names in the top 10?
More of the top 50 baby name debuts for girls: 50-41, 40-31, 30-21, 20-11, 10-1
[Latest update: 7/2021]